Revisiting Wordwall




        I first blogged about Wordwall about 5 months ago, HERE. I made my 5 free activities and then I tried to upgrade for $6 a month, but my debit card would not work. I tried emailing for help and the answer was that I could buy a years subscription as a "single" school user and then they would take my bank information. They did not have a way for me to call and subscribe over the phone. This honestly made me just say, welp, forget that. I have a lot of other places I can make interactive things. I did not want to do a whole year. I wanted to try it for one month for only six dollars first before I committed to a longer subscription.

        Quite simply, I gave up. I only had a debit card because I have been trying to get out of debt and live within my means for most of my adult life. I recently got a pretty low interest credit card just because my debit card just does not always work, especially online or when traveling. Now that I am full on adulting and my credit score is healthy, I got a credit card just for peace of mind mostly. I decided to try it on Wordwall- and it worked instantly.

So now I have a month to make activities! I am super excited about group sort, missing word (which is basically cloze sentences), and unjumble.

You can find all of the activities I have created and will create on MY PROFILE PAGE and I have some below as well. 






CLOZE SENTENCES
Subject Pronouns Cloze

Object Pronouns Cloze

Possessive Adjectives and Pronouns Cloze





GROUP SORTS
WH Question Answers 2

WH Question Answers

Subordinating Conjunction Category Sort

Infer Feelings from Character Text


UNJUMBLE (mixed up sentences)
Mixed up Simple Sentences (4-8 words) with Pronoun targets

Present is/are Verb+ing (5-7 words)

Mixed up Compound Sentences

Regular Past Tense Sentences (5-7 words) (/t, d, ed/ mixed)

Irregular Past Tense Verb Sentences (7-9 words)






OPEN THE BOX  (or Woozle Games as I call them)

/k/ words all Positions Woozle game

        FIND THE WOOZLE- Ok I was not sure what to do with Open the Box and then I got an idea, a wonderful idea. I knew from experience that simply putting picture cards in a brown paper bag and pulling them out for some reason makes an engaging, fun therapy activity that kids love. I don't get it, but I appreciate the simplicity. So, I knew that things hidden in boxes had to be something I could use. So, I created a game with it! I am calling it, Find the Woozle. Basically, students will pick a number or click on a box and then say the word with their target sound. Each word has a number after it- this is points for a game. If the child says the word correctly or uses it in a sentence (whatever your target level), then they get the points. The words are worth 1 to 5 points, but finding the WOOZLE is worth 10 points- plus it's just fun to be searching for something while you play. The person with the most points, wins. So, that is what Open the Box wordwall activities are for me, why the words have numbers, and why they all have a WOOZLE mixed in.



/r/ words initial position Woozle Game


R-blends Woozle Game


Vocalic R Woozle Game


        Ok, that is a good start. I am going to be making a lot more interactive activities over the next month and you can find them on my Wordwall profile page.

        You can use these in speech and language therapy with a laptop or iPad. I have a projector and a wireless mouse that my kids use to play interactive games that I make in my therapy room. They enjoy playing and talking and I enjoy their engagement while they learn!

If you are doing online learning and/or teletherapy- this should work well!

Has anyone else used interactive Wordwall for speech and language therapy?

Ms. Coyle MS CCC/SLP

2 comments:

  1. I purchased your assessment boom card and I am trying to download the PdF and I am having trouble. Can you email me the PDF in an email or explain how do do it with boom learning.

    Thank you,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, When you download a PDF file from Boom Learning, you have to switch to File in your library to see the resource. (It comes up on Deck normally). At the top of your Library are three links, Deck, Images, and File. The Speech Assessment form will be in the FILE part of your library. Click on the form in your FILE Library tab and download it to a place of your choosing on your computer.

      Delete